Tuesday, January 1, 2013

ya ready?

It's 2013!  eeks!  D and i went to Indy for a yoga workshop (which always makes me so, so thankful that i can teach yoga with Jesus in the middle) and we grabbed our New Years Day lunch at Teds (bison burger on a salad YUM) and stocked up on D's favorite peanut butter (Whole Foods) and zoomed home to pick up our girl from her 4 day winter retreat in upper Michigan.  She was happy, healthy, and SLEEPY.  i missed her!!!

Anyways, i am SO excited that at least 15 of my best girlfriends (+ my mom and husband!) are joining me in reading  Proverbs this month. One chapter per day.  Ya ready?





I read mine first thing since i tend to be a morning person, but really you can read it any time of day ya like and sometimes life gets crazy and you might miss a day, but no biggie just read double the next and you're all caught up.

Here was my favorite of the day.

vs. 9
Wear their counsel like flowers in your hair, like rings on your fingers... 

You know why i loved that?  because currently i live with a teenager who cannot leave the house with out a few rings on her fingers, nails painted, hair gorgeous, eyelashes coated, smelly spritzy spritz sprayed in to the air and walked through several times. oh my.   

...like rings on your fingers. :)

What was YOUR favorite from today?

Leave a comment to tell me.  Can't wait.


8 comments:

  1. I'm excited to read Proverbs again with you! I'm still doing She Reads Truth, too. This time it's called "Fresh Start." I like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yayyy! look at what our little tradition started? so excited to read each day and share! Makes me think of our old prayer Thursdays we used to do. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey everybody! My name is Sarah Thompson. I Met Polly through giving Abbi pottery lessons! I am a full time potter and am very excited about this blog! Thanks so much for including me, Polly. I really needed this. I used to read my Bible all the time and i litterally brushed dust off of it today :(. I'm so excited!

    I have a couple of favs:

    Verse 7- Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge.

    I take "fear" to mean a sort of respect and reverence. I think that if you learn to know God you will learn to "fear" Him and therefore build your foundation of true knowledge. My dad pours concrete for a living and so I know the just how important a good foundation is! I also know that sometimes my dad has to do repairs on foundations. I feel like that's what I'm doing now....repairing my foundation :)

    My other favorite vers in this chapter is 19: Such is the fate of all who are gready for money; it robs them of life.

    Being a business owner, I'm always striving for success and i need to remember that success does NOT equal money.

    Lastly verses 20-28 really taught me to side more with my conscience....i think my conscience is probably "wisdom" calling out to me. If i don't listen to her, she might not be there when I need her. Sometimes I do ask for wisdom in certain situations and i don't feel like i get anything....is this because i didn't listen when i should have? I don't know. but I'm going to try to listen closer this year and i think that reading proverbs everyday this month is a great start!

    Thanks again, Polly! oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, you are just a gem!! my heart turned to mush reading your response. not everybody will post, but i bet most everybody will read these comments and your words are SO true. girl, my foundation needs repaired DAILY. and you ARE a success in your business, because i don't know anybody who pours her heart into her work and her students like you do. In God's eyes... you are RICH. in my eyes too!!!

      p.s. Abbi read this and she now wants to start reading with us!! eee!!!

      Delete
  3. So ready for this! Thx for organizing Polly.
    Fav verse today was 1:7. "Start with God"...I often forget to do that, and its so very important in everything we do to start with Him. Needed that reminder. :)
    PS Sarah, totally wish I could take pottery lessons from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather i love you so much and yes you TOTALLY need to take pottery lessons from Sarah. She is not only a talented potter, she has a heart of GOLD. love her!!!!! This blog is melting my heart cause you girls are awesome!!!!

      Delete
    2. Heather! thomse01@live.com or 574-457-9136 if you ever want a lesson! :) and i agree about starting with Him!

      Delete