Wednesday, January 16, 2013

time to pray and make lasagna

sooo i was ahead on my reading and now i am behind.  hope you don't mind. :)

... he delights in genuine prayers.  Prov. 15:8

...the right word at the right time, BEAUTIFUL.  Prov. 15:23

sigh.  I told my class today that prayer is so easy to just toss around.  I pop up little prayers here and there, and wonder why i don't feel connected sometimes.  I really need to take more time to REALLY pray.  Wonder if God gets sad when we don't take time to really chat.  I wish God could text me. :)


and by now, you all know how I feel about words, so no need to elaborate on verse 23.

*little side note.

i took on a new tuesday night class at the Y a couple weeks ago. hmm. To be honest i was excited, but now? not so much. I love nothing more than teaching in my WARM house with all girls i know and love. comfy, cozy, home yoga.  The Y is a fitness room (i am not a fan of mirrors or loud, hollow, rooms with big squeaky air vents surrounded by cycling bikes) but... i'm there and God must have a reason for it.  So going to PRAY about that! ;)


and... made this today for my lasagna lovin' girl.  Give it a whirl! 




4 comments:

  1. Hi Polly, I saw Jenna's lasagna on Instagram. Looked amazing!

    I always love the verses you pick out. Genuine prayer - something I need to work on too.

    About your yoga class. I started taking my first yoga classes at the Y, mainly because I couldn't afford a yoga studio. A Y membership was much cheaper. So although I know I would much prefer your house or a warm intimate studio, I must say I was grateful for those Y yoga classes back in the day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather,
      girl... i love you! You spoke right to my heart about the Y class. I told Abbi what you said and she goes "see?" She speaks into her momma's heart too. I am pretty sure if you were 16 you and Abbi would be buddies. :)

      and prayer, YES. Let's do it!

      Delete
  2. Hey girls! I'm still here :)

    Chapter 11, verse 22: a beautiful woman who lacks discretion is like a gold ring in a pig's snout!

    Wow, putting it bluntly there! I like to talk. Sometimes I say things I shouldn't. I don't want to be anywhere near a pig's snout!
    Chapter 16, verse 32: Better to be patient than powerful, better to have self-control than to conquer a city.

    (sigh) patients and self control...Thanks for the reminder, God. :)

    Have a good weekend everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, i love your verse pickins!!!

      (sigh) being patient and having self control, are NOT my gifts! :) I need that reminder too, sweet friend!!!
      XOXO

      Delete