Sunday, January 6, 2013

a sister

It's Sunday evening.  aaaah.  Over the past couple days...

  • i got trained in CPR/AED (and i still have no idea what i'm doing so let's all pray nobody keels over at the Y when i am working)
  • abbi got her DRIVERS LICENSE!!! 
  • found the perfect black sparkly shoes to go with that pretty pink dress.
  • made enchiladas for grandma & grandpa.
  • wrote some new yoga classes for next week!
  • took a slippery, icy walk with my boyfriend. :)
  • took care of my sicko kiddo.  She is fighting a cold that won't give.


now back to Proverbs... (i like the shorter verses so they STICK!)

Talk to wisdom as to a sister.  Proverbs 7:4



I had an awesome brother growing up, but no sister.  How amazing it is for me to have many sisters now.  I have some girlfriends (you know who you are) that are my sisters.  Just being able to be real, open, and love each other crud and all, is a sweet gift.  Love you girls, you teach me so much.


6 comments:

  1. I grew up with brothers too. Love them but LOVE the sisters I've made along the way too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, but now I have the best sister ever!
    Get well, Ab!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DITTO. :)
      XOXO

      Ab is better! Back to school today. phew!

      Delete
  3. That is a good verse! Proverbs 7 (and Proverbs 5) makes me so thankful for my husband's faithfulness. I don't think we women can truly understand the battle that men face in the area of sexual temptation. It makes me see how important it is to train my sons to be wise. I think there's also something here for daughters. The temptress here seems like a prostitute, but really she's just a woman who desires a man that isn't hers. A friend of mine told me that before she ever went on a date, her mom would remind her that she was probably going out with someone else's (future) husband, so she needed to act accordingly. I think that is such wise advice!

    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob,
      such WISDOM, girl!!!! I told Dan what your friend said. To go out with somebody's future husband? LOVE THAT. You bring my heart joy, girlie! love your input!!! and YOU. :)

      Delete