Thursday, January 10, 2013

girls, husbands, & words

Want some tips on how to love your favorite 16 year old girl?

Put bacon on her turkey sandwiches.
NEVER help her with her sock bun. Just don't.
Listen to her stories.  ALL of them.  
Make her laugh everyday.



and on to PROVERBS!

I am in chapter 12 and i am not sure i ever want to leave. so good.

a hearty wife invigorates her husband. (vs. 4)

notice it does NOT say provoke, disrespect, hold a grudge against, argue with, or frustrate.  :)


worry weighs us down, but a cheerful word picks us up. (vs. 25)

amen, amen, amen! I love, love, LOVE words of affirmation.  Love to hear them, speak them, write them, receive them, and keep them.

but i do worry too much.  working on that!


4 comments:

  1. Ab looks beautiful! I wish my hair was long again so I could do the bun:)

    Thanks so much for encouraging me and others to join in Proverbs...and to "invigorate" our husbands and just to "shrug it off." I love that advice and love you!!

    Thank you for a yummy yoga class tonight! It was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww Jenn!!!! you are my honey in my yogurt, sweet friend!!!! love you! XOXO

      Delete
  2. Abbi gets cuter and cuter everyday!

    Read chapter 10 today . Lots of good stuff including this: Hatred starts fights,
    but love pulls a quilt over the bickering.

    Need to do more love quilting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's quilt together, Peachy, K? Don't like bickering either. Usually if D and i get in a little bit of a tiff... it's over in a few minutes and we should just snuggle up in a quilt! :)

      Thanks for your sweet words about Ab. You have 3 little muffins of cute at your house, too.

      Delete